3.24.2015

Water Spots and Olive Oil


When I was a little girl, the only Olive Oil I knew of was Popeye's girlfriend.  And then we started hearing Rachel Ray say EVOO all the time.  (I literally Googled EVOO.)  Now....you can clean with it!  Who knew!?  When we looked at our new home for the first time, the first thing I noticed in the kitchen were the water spots (streaks) below the water dispenser on the refrigerator.  (I call it an icebox. : )  When we moved in, the first thing I wanted to do was to get those spots OFF!  We had never owned a stainless steel refrigerator/icebox before so I was at a loss as to how to clean it.  (Just an FYI in case you try it, rubbing it vigorously and using choice words doesn't help.)  So one day, while watching the Today show, they had a guy on there show how to remove water spots from stainless steel!  I nearly fell off the chair!  
Here are the directions:
1.  Get Olive Oil. (doesn't matter which kind)
2.  Put a small amount on a soft cloth and rub on water spots.
3.  Put your feet up and have another cup of coffee. : )

No comments: